|Tift Regional Medical Center
901 East 18th Street
Tifton, Georgia 31794
|Direct Line: 229-353-7650
With a warm, family-friendly atmosphere, the goal of Tift Regional Medical Center Pediatrics is to help children heal with state-of-the-art hospital care. Services include:
- A cozy, 15-bed unit designed to make children of all ages, from infants to young adults, feel at home while recovering from surgery or an illness.
- Specially trained nurses, pediatricians and specialists who know and understand kids. Our favorable nurse-to-patient ratio allows staff to observe each patient closely and spend ample time walking young patients through procedures.
- Spacious rooms with adequate sleeping space for parents to stay with their children overnight.
- Special emphasis on education and support to help patients and families feel at ease.
- A certified child life specialist is available to work with families to help pediatric patients cope with the challenges of hospitalization, illness and injury. A child life specialist is a pediatric professional who provides children with age-appropriate preparation for medical procedures, pain management and coping strategies, as well as play and self-expression activities. They also provide information, support and guidance to parents, siblings and other family members.