Top NewsHospice of Tift Area to present Hospice Foundation of America’s annual webinar series
(October 10, 2019, Tifton, Ga.) – Hospice of Tift Area, a division of Tift Regional Medical Center, will livestream Hospice Foundation of America’s annual webinar series this year, with the first webinar to be offered in November. The annual series provides education on coping with loss and managing grief through video seminars each year.
Many of the webinars are geared towards health care professionals and social service workers and count as a Continuing Education Unit (CEU) credit of 1.5 hours for those individuals. Anyone working in hospice, palliative care, counseling, or community faith and anyone working at a hospital, nursing home, or funeral home will benefit from the series. However, community members are welcome to watch the webinars as well at the livestreams provided by Hospice of Tift Area. The webinars are free for both community members and healthcare professionals, and the accompanying CEU credits for healthcare professionals are free as well.
“These webinars are a great educational opportunity for those in healthcare or social services, but we invite anyone who is interested to attend,” said Kathy Moneypenny, MA, FT, Bereavement Coordinator and Chaplain for Hospice of Tiftarea. “Many of the webinar topics may be of interest to community members as well, and we want to provide them more information on how to cope with loss and handle grief if they are interested.”
The coming year’s series will include seminars on various topics with trained experts as presenters. Registration is required to attend. A full list of the upcoming seminars can be found below.
• “The Tasks of Mourning After 35 Years: Why They Are Still Clinically Relevant” presented by J. William Worden, PhD, MDiv and moderated by Kenneth J. Doka, PhD, MDiv on November 19, 2019 from 12 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
• “Suicide in Later Life: Who’s at Risk and How You Can Help” presented by Judith Stillion, PhD on January 21, 2020 from 12 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
• “Adverse Childhood Experiences as a Risk Factor for Complicated Grief” presented by Laurie Burke, PhD and Elizabeth Crunk, PhD on February 20, 2020 from 12 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
• “Intimacy and Sexuality During Illness and Loss” presented by Carrie Arnold, PhD, FT, M.Ed., RSW, CCC; Alua Arthur, JD; John Cagle, MSW, PhD; and Kenneth J. Doka, PhD, MDiv on March 25, 2020 at 1 p.m.
• “Using the Dual Process Model of Coping with Bereavement to Improve Your Practice” presented by Margaret Stroebe, PhD and Henk Schut, PhD with moderation by Kenneth J. Doka, PhD, MDiv on April 21, 2020 from 12 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
• “The Evolving Role of the Trained Death Doula in End-of-Life Care” presented by Alua Arthur, JD on June 16, 2020 from 12 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
All webinars will be livestreamed at Hospice of Tift Area, which is located at 618 Central Avenue in Tifton, at the times provided above. For more information or to register for one of the seminars, contact Kathy Moneypenny, MA, FT, at 229-353-6330 or by emailing Kathy.Moneypenny@tiftregional.com.